“Polina” is a non-too subtle blend of different styles in one stunning package. Beginning with a contoured T-Type body carved from lightweight and resonant Obeche (which has the best tonal qualities of ash and Korina but with a very stable weight) coated in a double finish: a full three-tone sunburst lies beneath the striking and vibrant Lake Placid Blue - all aged to taste.
A body this traffic-stopping needed a neck to match so I went with a reverse big headstock S-Type neck - a decent C-shaped carve topped with a meaty slab of rosewood and medium/jumbo frets to make effortless work of the 9.5” radius. Pearl dot markers light the way…
Gotoh split-post tuners and a three-brass saddle ashtray bridge anchor the strings. For the juice, I chose our “Broadcaster” bridge pickup mated with one of our A2 magnet PAF Replica low-wind humbuckers in the neck offering the best of both LP and T-Type tones. Choose between them via a three-way toggle on the the upper bout Gibson style, and tame them with the master volume and tone controls set in a familiar S-Type position with the volume knob nestled just beneath the bridge for those volume swell moments.… a hand-cut bone nut and the usual top-notch CTS and Switchcraft electronic components round out the spec.
The overall feel is best described as enhanced-vintage and the combination of a lightweight build, solid hardware and our open vintage inspired pickups create a unique tone - both resonant and focussed that really allows the player to find their own voice to craft truly musical tones. And importantly look THIS GOOD when doing so.
- Model: Eternal "Polina" T-Type
- Body: Solid Obeche
- Neck: Maple with slab rosewood fingerboard and big reverse headstock
- Neck profile: C-shape
- Neck dimensions: 22mm deep at 1st fret to 24mm deep at 12th
- Radius: 9.5”
- Fret size: 6130
- Number of frets: 21
- Nut width: 42.7mm
- Finish: All nitrocellulose, aged Lake Placid Blue over Three-tone Sunburst on body with worn tinted maple on neck
- Plastics: Black
- Bridge: Gotoh three brass saddle ashtray with through-body stringing
- Tuners: Gotohvintage repro split post
- Pickups: Eternal hand wound “PAF Replica” in nickel cover in neck position with a “Broadcaster” singlecoil in the bridge
- Electronics: CTS brass collar volume and tone pots with an Orange Drop capacitor, Switchcraft three-way toggle switch, cloth covered hook-up wire and a Switchcraft output jack socket.
- Nut: Handcut bone
- Strings: Ernie Ball Slinky 10-46
- Weight: 7.0Ibs
- Case: Vintage style hardcase included