Our lightweight Eternal 'PAF Replica'-equipped T-Types have become a very popular for those looking for a versatile, tone-packed and simple instrument, perfect for all styles of music. The combination of a lightweight build, solid hardware and our open sounding PAF Replica pickups create a unique tone - both resonant and focussed that really allows the player to find their own voice to craft truly musical tones.
Our previous versions have either leaned heavily on the early/mid ‘50s vibe and aesthetic, with maple necks and two-tone sunburst finishes, or more recently with a three-tone 'burst and a rosewood fingerboard for a more early '60s vibe.
For this latest version, I decided to have a little fun, whilst still making an awesome sounding and beautiful to play guitar, so I went with a Thinline ash construction using an f-hole. The neck is a slim "C" shape with 21 tall/narrow (6105) frets and clay dots on a 9.5" radius dark rosewood ‘board with Luminlay side dots. The aged nitro finish is translucent Candy Apple Red, using my preferred gold basecoat with adds a lovely depth and warmth to the finish. Twin Eternal PAFs with face-mounted master vol/tone and three-way toggle switch round out the wiring.
A hand-cut bone nut with Kluson/Gotoh hardware - including a six bent saddle bridge with through body stringing for maximum TONE - keep things simple functional and easy to maintain.
The juice is channelled through our usual CTS, CRL and Switchcraft electronic components, including 500k Linear volume and Log tone pots.
- Model: Eternal "Ruby" the PAF Replica T-Type
- Body: Semi-hollow Ash
- Neck: Maple with slab rosewood fingerboard
- Neck profile: C-shape
- Neck dimensions: 21.8mm deep at 1st fret to 24mm deep at 12th
- Radius: 9.5”
- Fret size: 6105
- Number of frets: 21
- Nut width: 42mm
- Finish: All nitrocellulose, aged Translucent Candy Apple Red on body with worn tinted maple on neck
- Plastics: Three-ply aged Parchment pick guard
- Bridge: Kluson hard-tail with bent steel saddles and through-body stringing
- Tuners: Kluson vintage repro split post
- Pickups: Eternal hand wound “PAF Replicas” - standard vintage nickel covered in neck with a hotter wound, open coil PAF Plus in bridge
- Electronics: CTS brass collar 500k volume and tone pots with an Orange Drop capacitor and
- Switchcraft three-way toggle switch, cloth covered hook-up wire and a Switchcraft output jack socket.
- Nut: Handcut bone
- Strings: Ernie Ball Slinky 10-46
- Weight: 6.0Ibs
- Case: Vintage style tweed hardcase included